[CUBE] Changing administrator in Panther

Phil Mitchell pmitchell at databanque.net
Wed Jan 28 12:29:27 PST 2004

Actually, all you have to do is log in as root, delete your account,
create a new one for your sister (checking the "give this user
administrative privileges" check box), with her name, short name &
password. Then, log in as her and, using disk utility, repair
permissions and she will be good to go!

BTW, if you have not enabled the root account, it is a simple procedure
and is very handy for this kind of activity, as well as deleting things
that do not want to be deleted, etc...

Just run Netinfo Manager (Applications:Utilities), Click on SECURITY
menu, then enable root user. You will get an alert message re: setting
a root user password fro that machine.
Click OK, enter a new root password (DO NOT FORGET THIS!!), click OK
and (after you type your administrative password for Netinfo Manager),
you will have a root user! Then, refer to paragraph one...

pm