[CUBE] Strange error message

martin weiss mweiss at nyscience.org
Wed Jan 28 13:27:53 PST 2004

>Well, we have not seen a hardware-related KP to
>date, but maybe it is the climate down here in
>Miami, eh?? Archive installs are not painful
>things (alá the ole "clean install" in OS 9!!),
>and software updater will take care of the rest
>- in just a few short hours!!
>
>pm
>
>On Jan 28, 2004, at 1:36 PM, <kevin at 216websolutions.com> wrote:
>
>>Good advice, but if the panic is hardware related, reinstalling the OS
>>liikely won't fix it.

Probably not but while awaiting delivery of
TechTool 4 to diagnose the hard ware possibility
I started on the Archive installation of Panther
on a Firewire drive before attacking the hard
drive with a software solution (Archive
re-installation) for the Kernel problem I
originally asked about.

  However, I stopped short of re installation on
the hard drive because after doing the Archive
installation on the Firewire drive I cannot get a
connection through my DSL modem with exactly the
same network settings for the hard drive (and I
think they access the same settings). Are there
files I need to move from the Previous System to
get networking to function?

Martin