[CUBE] Strange error message

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Wed Jan 28 21:00:15 PST 2004

I don't mean to be harsh either, but this is the typical support
engineer's response.  Get it fixed and the customer off the line
as quickly as possible.

Never mind that this 'shotgun' approach removes any possiblity
of discovering the root cause of the problem, thus providing
the user with some clue as to how to avoid a reoccurance.

A complete scratch install should be the last resort, when you've
effectively given up, not the first thing you try.

-- jcw

--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator