[CUBE] Changing default reader

Laurie A Duncan laurie at cubeowner.com
Thu Jan 29 07:49:15 PST 2004

On 1/29/04 8:54 AM, "Ken Johnson" <kr-johnson at comcast.net> typed the
following:

> I'm currently using the Adobe reader as default.  That switch was made
> when I installed it.  I'd like to switch back to Preview as the
> default, but I cannot find such a command or setting in either program,
> or in the System Preferences.  ny ideas?
>
> Ken

Highlight a pdf file. Go to File -> Get Info. In the resulting info box,
look under the Open With section (click the little triangle if it's closed).
Select Preview in the application popup menu. Now click the button that says
"change all" and answer yes to the "are you sure?" dialog. Close the info
window. All your PDF files will now open with Preview.

Good luck!

Laurie
--
Founder, Editor, FAQ-checker