Cube Modernization - to whom it may concern: data

Stevie erasmus at t-online.de
Fri Jan 30 10:28:24 PST 2004

Hi friends,

today I had opportunity to make some measurements for my own.

I hope some of you might be interested :-)

My system:
Cube 450 MHz - 1,5 GB RAM - 60 GB WD-HD
Graphics: ATi Rage Pro 128 (=original) - GeForce 4 MX (without fan!)
- ATi Radeon 8500 Mac Ed.
Display: Formac Gallery 17' ADC

I tried several conditions and noticed the power consumption.

Cube with GeForce 4 MX
______________________
& Formac at ADC:  		OFF 	9,5 Watt

without Formac		OFF	8,3 Watt
with Formac		SLEEP  	10,5 - 12,9 Watt

running,  without HD read/write	59,8 - 60,5 Watt
	with HD read/write		up to 68,9 Watt

read/write from DVD-R to HD		up to 73,7 Watt

Cube with ATi Rage 128
______________________

running,  without HD read/write	59,8 - 60,5 Watt
	with HD read/write		up to 68,9 Watt

Cube with ATi Radeon 8500 Mac
_____________________________
cause this is a card with DVI/without ADC, it is run with Dr. Bott
DViator, that means no power from the cube, just signal

Cube 			OFF 	8,3 Watt
			SLEEP	9,5 Watt

running,  without HD read/write	44,1 - 44,8 Watt
	with HD read/write		51,2 - 54,1 Watt

Unfortunately the the fan of the Radeon 8500 is relatively loud.

My conclusion:
Using the cube with electrical support of harddisk and DVD-R could
give me ca. 10 - 15 Watt,
may be the ADC is without effect on the DV-Board (?)

But another case than the origin is necessary.

Nice weekend
Stevie