[CUBE] Modernization, OT, and Red Dwarf

Joseph B. Gurman gurman at gsfc.nasa.gov
Sat Jan 31 07:55:26 PST 2004

     Entity David Lambourn wrote:

>PS Don't take offence at "Entity" Steve - it is a witty way of
>recognizing that the boundaries between the human and the non human are
>not as clear as once they were - electronics are blurring that
>distinction in some situations and have done so for some time - 20
>years ago some common cars in UK would tell you in a voice that was
>deliberately chosen to sound like Prime Minister Thatcher "Your safety
>belt has not been fastened"

     How many of those got smashed the first time they sounded?

>  - in UK TV programmes like Red Dwarf are preparing us for more of this.

     You mean Holly was a Cube? Upgraded with..... a 1 Thz card? Was
Kryten G5 powered?

     Sorry, almost anything can appear to be off-topic.... or
on-topic, for that matter.

						Joe Gurman
--
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."
                                                             - Douglas

Joseph B. Gurman, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Solar Physics
Branch, Greenbelt MD 20771 USA