*poof*

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Sun Jul 4 11:47:13 PDT 2004

My cube has been a 1.4 GHz PL upgrade, with a GF IIMX & Seagate 120GB
7200.7 HD, so pretty near maxed out for a cube. I't been this way since
January, and ran well, with a few lockups now & then that I have
attributed to the PL upgrade.

Last week I downgraded to the stock CPU so that I could send the PL CPU in
for repair or replacement. The slowdown is noticable.

Anyway, yesterday I was chugging along, eiting digital photos and printing
them, when my video went crazy. After a couple reboots, and a half-hour
cooldown, the video never cleared up. I swapped the stock Rage 128 card
back in and that cleared it up. I guess the GF IImx is toast.

The maxed out cube ride was a lot of fun, but now I'm worried my trusty
cube won't be with me much longer, as components fail...

I guess I need o start saving up for a G5...

Allan