[CUBE] Missing FW Devices.

H.R. Carrasco carrascosapiens at mac.com
Wed Jul 7 19:36:28 PDT 2004

Further to Steve Goldstein's promising tip:

Please read it in here: <
http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20040310010541585 >

"Reviving Cube FireWire ports"

"Then I found an obscure post on cubeowner.com which reported a
'programmer's reset' solved the problem for the poster. I tried it,
and voila! I have firewire again. To invoke [the programmer's reset]:
Shut down computer, hold down programmer's button, and press the
power button to start up. If the power light flickers you've done it
correctly."

...and before I resort to the programmer's button (the Cube manual warns
against using this button willy-nilly) I've been researching this glitch
online.  There are other postings in the Macfixit web site addressing this
problem, which appears to be more prevalent that I thought.  ¿Could it be
that something's awry with the MAC OS 10.3.4 update that makes the FW ports
go AWOL?

RICARDO.