[CUBE] Possible? Connect a firewire HD to 2 systems?

Sean Terrill a10t2 at mac.com
Fri Jul 9 08:00:31 PDT 2004

Quoth TonVanHest (a.vanhest at chello.nl) at 09/07/2004 10:32 AM:

> Now I am wondering. Would it be possible to keep this connection when
> both systems are used seperately? I understand there is going to be big
> problems if both systems would access the same files at the same time
> but this is controllable by me because I do not expect that Apple will
> do file/record locking.
>
> The important thing is that both systems must write changed data right
> away. I.o.w. not keep anything in a memorybuffer.
>
> Anyone experience with a setup like this?

The Firewire standard doesn't support it. Your FW bridge will either fail to
transmit data at all or default to Port A. I seem to recall that OS X won't
let you do it either but I could be wrong about that.

Sean Terrill
a10t2 at mac.com
http://www.spiffypage.com
"Self-improvement is masturbation. Now self-destruction, that might be the
answer." - Chuck Palahniuk, 'Fight Club'