[CUBE] Disk formatting choices

Erik Gilchrist erikgil at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 10:21:57 PDT 2004

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:14:41 -0400, Ken Johnson <kr-johnson at comcast.net> wrote:
> I have a new (to me) Titanium powerbook, that came formatted UFS.  The
> Cube, and my G4-933 are both formatted EFS+.  I'm contemplating
> re-formatting the Powerbook, but I wonder what the differences are -
> speed, stability, etc before doing anything.  There is an article on
> the Apple site, but it's for 10.2.8 and earlier - I'm running 10.3.4.
>
> Ken Johnson

I would stick to HFS+ (case insensitive). I wonder why your PB is
formatted UFS. I know from Server lists that it is rarely used on
OSXServer except when a certain application needs it. UFS is known to
be slower so even Apple recommends HFS+ (Extended, Journaled) in
almost all situations.

And in this case, for a PB, it is almost certainly the way to go.