[CUBE] PMU

Riba riba at ml1.net
Mon Jul 19 02:00:48 PDT 2004

On Jul 18, 2004, at 22:53, John Martin wrote:

> Reset the firmware this morning and the cube began cycling off/on this
> afternoon. I also have ran onyX on the machine. John

Hello John - this is actually a well-documented problem, and there are
more causes for it, but the most common one is the poser switch gasket.
It is the ring-shaped thing that you can see around the top power
switch when you pull out your core. There is a simple fix that solves
this problem for many people - take a piece of paper and put it over
the power switch (in a way that it ends up sandwiched between the power
switch and the shell. The permanent solution is to get a new gasket.
This is described in detail in FAQ section of cubeowner.com I believe.