[Cube] No Sound

Abigail Kelly abimygatt at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 06:32:29 PDT 2004

Hello, I've read almost all of the cube list emails but have only written in
once before. But I can't figure out why I am getting no sound...

I rearranged my computer to fit on a new desk and once everything was hooked
back up, I had full working sound. Then in the middle of switching between
itunes playlists, the sound went kaput. The volume level was working but
after a couple of restarts and switching of positions of the speakers USB
connection on the hub, the computer is now saying no output/input device is
detected.

So I have a couple of questions. I have never upgraded my original cube in
any way, so in the past I had found the best way to hook up all my
peripherals was to have the keyboard go into one USB port and then have a
hub out of the other, in which I plugged the speakers, printer and scanner.
There is also a CD burner connected to the firewire.

What possibly could have changed in my set-up for the speakers now not to be
detected?

What do you think is the best set-up for connecting peripherals to an old
cube?

Thank you in advance,

Abigail