[CUBE] [Cube] No Sound

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Thu Jun 3 06:55:53 PDT 2004

Abigail,

What OS are you at? 8/9? X?... which one, Puma, Jaguar, Panther?

Have you tried to zap the PRAM!? Sometimes it solves the most absurd and annoying issues.

I've got this setup and never had any loss of sound problems after the 10.3.2 upgrade:

* Apple PM G4 Cube *

** Ethernet Port: Apple AirPort Base Station
** ADC Port: Apple Studio Display 17" (LCD ADC)
*** Display USB Port 1: Cube Speakers
*** Display USB Port 2: Pro Keyboard
**** Keyb USB Port 1: Griffin's iMic
**** Keyb USB Port 2: Pro Mouse
** Cube USB Port 1: Belkin 4 USB Ports Hub (self powered)
*** HP DeskJet 1220c USB A3 Colour Printer
*** 6-in-1 USB Multimedia Card Reader/Writer
** Cube USB Port 2: HP ScanJet 3570c Scanner
** Cube FW Port 1: LaCie FireWire Pocket CD-RW 24x10x24 * [chain] * Iomega FireWire 250 Mb Zip Drive
** Cube FW Port 2: External HDD 160Gb * [chain] * Apple iSight webcam

LM

>>> abimygatt at yahoo.com - 2004/06/03 14:32 PM >>>
Hello, I've read almost all of the cube list emails but have only written in
once before. But I can't figure out why I am getting no sound...

I rearranged my computer to fit on a new desk and once everything was hooked
back up, I had full working sound. Then in the middle of switching between
itunes playlists, the sound went kaput. The volume level was working but
after a couple of restarts and switching of positions of the speakers USB
connection on the hub, the computer is now saying no output/input device is
detected.

So I have a couple of questions. I have never upgraded my original cube in
any way, so in the past I had found the best way to hook up all my
peripherals was to have the keyboard go into one USB port and then have a
hub out of the other, in which I plugged the speakers, printer and scanner.
There is also a CD burner connected to the firewire.

What possibly could have changed in my set-up for the speakers now not to be
detected?

What do you think is the best set-up for connecting peripherals to an old
cube?

Thank you in advance,

Abigail