[CUBE] Alternative mice

Fred Terry pfterry at deadtrees.net
Thu Jun 3 07:47:33 PDT 2004

De gustibus...

Well, seriously, I like cordless mice because the mouse cable bunches up on
me with regular mice. I must be an erratic/frenetic mouser.

You are right that there are trade-offs, but I think it is only keeping the
mouse in batteries or keeping it recharged. I did find the MX700 more
convenient (but alas it was my former company's property) since it was
rechargeable. You do have to plug in a USB receiver, but you would be using
a USB port for a regular mouse.

To each his own. But I would highly recommend a multi-button, optical mouse.
Nothing beats right-clicking to pop-up the contextual menu, and optical mice
are incredibly smooth.

  pf