[CUBE] Alternative mice

Eagle eagle243 at mac.com
Thu Jun 3 07:56:14 PDT 2004

Yup, that's why I like the multi-button optical mouse, which is the
minimum I recommend.  I prefer wireless because the cable bunches up on
me as well.  Sure there's still a wireless receiver dongle, but I can
put that out of the way, behind my computer or somewhere inside my
desk.  Currently it's right next to my USB hub, somewhere deep within
my desk.  Also, sure you have to keep batteries in it, but I've had
mine for 1.5 years now and have replaced the batteries exactly twice.
Not a big battery eater there. ;)

WIth regards to Chip's question, I have used the Apple Bluetooth mouse
and found it to be "cool" but not as useful as my IntelliMouse -- and
not as smooth-tracking.  I was actually quite disappointed in it, so I
returned it.  (It was a gift from my employer, along with a bluetooth
Apple keyboard, but I returned it too because I use a split ergonomic
keyboard.)

Eagle