[CUBE] Alternative mice

Charles Turner turnercl at missouri.edu
Thu Jun 3 10:43:12 PDT 2004

On Jun 3, 2004, at 11:05 AM, Cube List wrote:

> From: Chip Everts <chipeverts at mac.com>
> Subject: Re: [CUBE] Alternative mice
> Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:45:23 -0400
>
> Anyone used a nice bluetooth mouse yet? I've got a friend with a brand
> new powerbook looking for one.

I have the Belkin buletooth optical mouse. It works with the built-in
bluetooth in my Aluminum 15" Power Book, and it also comes with a USB
dongle for computers that don't have built-in bluetooth. The dongle
works fine, but it seems to need too much power to be plugged into the
Mac keyboard. I use it with an external powered USB hub.

This mouse works OK with my OSX 10.3. I think one of its buttons is not
supported. However, I prefer the feel and operation of my Logitech
MX700 wireless mouse. Maybe someday there will be a Mac bluetooth
version of it.

Here's a URL for that Belkin mouse:

<http://www.devdepot.com/description.html?pcode=HBELBTM>

-ct