[CUBE] Alternative mice

Stevie erasmus at t-online.de
Fri Jun 4 01:51:59 PDT 2004

>Hey all,
>
>Looking for quick Cube compatibility reports on alternative mice --
>i.e. Kensington, Logitech, etc. Any problems  to report?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Erik

Hi Erik,

I tried:
(1) Logitech "Cordless MouseMan Optical"
(2) Logitech MX 700
(3) MS Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer
(4) MS IntelliMouse Optical USB (wired)
(5) Typhoon Optical Mouse and of course the original Apple mouse (but
one button is not enough)

By the time: Best quality ever were Kensington Mice (Thinking Mouse,
4 buttons, ADB, unfortunately that's history), I still enjoy it, when
I'm sitting at one of my ADB-Macs.

Ad (1) Of course depending on one's hands, to me the "Cordless
MouseMan Optical" (1) seems to be most comfortable. That's the mouse,
which falls down at the right site (that means: only for right handed
persons). It has no "power-station", but works for a good couple of
days.

Ad (2) MX-700: Quite comfortable, with power-station, but too heavy
to work for long time

Ad (3) Wireless IntelliMouse Expl.: Good to work with, but without
power-station and has an extremly power-consumption: needs sometimes
only 3 days to eat battery!

Ad (4) IntelliMouse Optical-wired: That's the mouse, I'm working
every day. Although I prefer a mouse without cable, this model is
very light and has a very good precision. And I must not worry about
the power...

Ad (5) Typhoon Optical USB: Lightwight, with power-station, quite
precise, works with USB Overdrive and it is really cheap
-----------------------------
Most important: to save my wrist I've used such a wrist pad
(Kensington or other, cheaper models) since many years. That makes
the difference.

I often thougt about buying a thumb ball or trackball, but didn't till now.
Another idea: Using an ergonomic keyboard is very important too.
I'm very happy with MS Natural Keyboard Pro (excellent quality,
actual drivers, OS 9+X), mine is with wire.

Have a good decision :-)
stevie