[CUBE] upgrading

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Fri Jun 4 03:03:49 PDT 2004

Brian,

Welcome to the cube clan :)

CPU upgrades are available from...

PowerLogix < http://www.powerlogix.com/ >
Sonnet < http://www.sonnettech.com/ >
GigaDesigns < http://www.gigadesigns.com/ >

All available upgrades should have a printed/movie manual, so you shouldn't have any installation doubts/problems.
< http://cubeowner.com/kbase/index.php > is the best way to start reading all about PowerMac G4 Cube upgrades.

As for upgrading the HD, there are also a lot of options for 7200rpm 3,5" HDDs. Mine's an 80Gb Seagate Barracuda IV and I just can't hear it spinning... honestly, it is quiet, fast, and temperatures have not increased since. I use 'ThermoInDock' app to monitorize it < http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/9999 > and the highest pitch I've seen was 40°c.

Good luck,
LM

>>> briano at olivares.com - 2004/06/04 07:42 AM >>>
Hi guys out there
I know I come for last but at the end I bought a Cube!
Now it is my time to upgrade it. So I should need some
suggestions from you all for the components I have to
buy.
As Ram is already upgraded I need some good suggestions
on CPU telling me where to get it  (even the fan) and
where to find instructions (on paper or on video) to
install it (I live in Monaco where there isn't so much
expertise on this machine).
I really need also suggestions on the most reliable
60gb internal HD.
Thank you in advance
Brian