upgrading

Jeffrey Dobek jdobek at valentinerobotics.com
Fri Jun 4 09:33:29 PDT 2004

At 5:12 AM -0700 6/4/04, Cube List wrote:
>CPU upgrades are available from...
>
>PowerLogix < http://www.powerlogix.com/ >
>Sonnet < http://www.sonnettech.com/ >
>GigaDesigns < http://www.gigadesigns.com/ >

I've been mulling an upgrade, and was just reading the review of the
Gigadesigns upgrade on xlr8yourmac. It mentions that if you install
the upgrade, and you also have the Apple ADC CRT display (which I
do), it can overtax and burn out your VRM.

Is this true for all upgrades? I definitely don't wish to replace the
display, so does that rule out any upgrading for me? Or are there any
other options for me (like an alternative way to power the monitor)?

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Jeffrey Dobek
Bydgoszcz, Poland