No Sound and Unexpectedly Quits

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 5 01:33:50 PDT 2004

To partition your HD or erase and install the new OSX (whatever
flavour) you boot from your install CD and immediately go up to the
menu and under FILE is the DISK UTILITIES.  This is the same program
you find in your APPLICATION/UTILITIES folders in OSX, but in this case
you are running it from the CD, so you are not restricted from working
on your HD like before.  You are not booted from the HD so it can fix
problems.  TRY THIS FIRST - I did not realize you had not found this
tool yet.

If you want to partition your HD it is also in this utilities
capability, but remember, when you partition ALL INFORMATION on a HD is
erased and un-recoverable.  The advantage to this is it will erase all
previous errors completely and set the HD as it was brand new before it
installs your new OS.  This is the ultimate software clean-up and I
highly reccomend it if you cannot solve your problems with Apple Disk
Utility.

jj