[CUBE] upgrading

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Sun Jun 6 13:08:47 PDT 2004

Hello Brian,

> As Ram is already upgraded I need some good suggestions
> on CPU telling me where to get it  (even the fan) and
> where to find instructions (on paper or on video) to
> install it (I live in Monaco where there isn't so much
> expertise on this machine).
> I really need also suggestions on the most reliable
> 60gb internal HD.

The best place to get your upgrade is from OWC (www.macsales.com).
Ideally, you would have someone in the US they can ship to so you can
save on shipping and customs. With the upgrade you will get the
instructions on DVD, if you get stuck, everyone on this list will
gladly assit you.
As for the hard drives, personally I believe they are all one big
lottery regardless of the make & model. Just get whichever you want,
and do regular backups. BTW 60 GB is probably the smallest one you will
find.