[CUBE] to upgrade or not to upgrade, that's the question...

Stevie erasmus at t-online.de
Mon Jun 28 00:38:11 PDT 2004

>Stevie,
>
>I think the best resource for Cube upgrades is the forum at cubeowner.com.
>You should also look at the results at xbench.com and macsales.com for
>performance comparisons. There are a number of people, based on the posts at
>Cubeowner, who have problems with the Powerlogix 7457 upgrades (myself
>included). Fortunately Powerlogix is usually pretty good at resolving these
>issues. It will be at least a few days before Giga Designs ships their 7457
>upgrades, and Sonnet has not announced any yet. Based strictly on the power
>consumption of the earlier processors (I think all of the currently shipping
>ones are 7455 variants) I would steer clear of anything other than a 7457
>processor. Hope this helps somewhat. Are you participating in Erasmus now?
>Your email address made me wonder.
>
>Sean Terrill
>a10t2 at mac.com
>http://www.spiffypage.com
>Where in the rhyme does it say Humpty Dumpty was an egg?

Hi Sean,

thanks for your answer (and those of others too :-)
In fact I didn't know these sources of wisdom... I'll look there.
On the other hand: impressions of real-world
users are sometimes more interesting than pure
numbers.

To your question about "erasmus":
I decided to take this mailaddress (my own!),
when I searched for an untypical a little
abstract name. Maybe it was before the
erasmus-net was founded, but surely without
knowing about it. And now after so many years
it's difficult to change my address.

Where do you know it from? (perhaps better with direct mail?)

stevie