[CUBE] OT (a bit!) Cube CD:RW and windows data CDs

David Lambourn David.Lambourn at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 05:07:07 PST 2004

Thanks, I'll check out the CD.

In the meantime, I have been experimenting with ejecting the
"unrecognized" CD.

Restart, holding down the mouse, didn't work.

Then I played with Open Firmware:

This worked:

Restart, and AS SOON AS THE SCREEN BLANKS press CMD-OPT-O-F and hold.
  The CD ejected.  Release the keys, and a normal restart ensues.

(Following the Apple Open Firmware instruction and pressing the
CMD-OPT-O-F keys immediately after the start-up Boing as recommended,
did not eject the CD - presumably the CD Eject sequence is engaged
before the USB start-up.)

David.