[CUBE] OT (a bit!) Cube CD:RW

john allan jallan at freeuk.com
Fri Mar 5 05:32:53 PST 2004

I'd chip in that I find OS X a bit crap when it comes to reading CDR/CDRWs
that read perfectly with same hardware in OS 9.

Just as I find OS X networking a right messy muddle after Chooser full stop
so sympathies to previous poster on that too.

I mean OBJECTIVELY it is a messy muddle, e.g. Why not different colours /
icons for User Homes versus Hard Drives or Shared files, Appletalk is broken
and does not [ always if ever ] show, Rendezous not ready, Unix permissions
and duplicated Users folders full of default folders you will never use
filling up hard drives etc

> I've burned thousands of CD's on windows boxes, mostly data, and used
> most of them in Macs, including a Cube. I've never
> run across one that OS9 or OSX won't see, unless the burn was faulty.

BTW,

Will new folks please not copy *ALL* the previous messages in replied to
emails as it really gums up the Digest form of the list with pages and pages
of waste like this .....

Yeah, we have been through this before.

John

<Cube-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>