[CUBE] Watch other users in Mac OS X (a bit OT)

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Fri Mar 5 06:26:34 PST 2004

> In Mac OS 9, through "File Sharing Strip" module and/or File Sharing's
> "Activity Monitor" tab we are perfectly able to watch out for other
> users connected to your Mac. (I've previously/unsuccessfully searched
> in versiontracker.com) Any one of you know of an app/util for Mac OS
> X, which is design to list/show who's connected to your computer (via
> HTTP, FTP, AFP, etc.)!?

Yes, it can be done using the 'who' command in terminal. I don't know
if there is a fancy GUI that will shouw you this, sorry. Who will show
you all the users that are currently connected to you computer.
You can get the history of the connections using the 'last' command or
doing who /var/log/wtmp
'who /var/log/wtmp | grep ftp' will show only the ftp connections for
example.