[CUBE] Watch other users in Mac OS X (a bit OT)

leeligon at comcast.net leeligon at comcast.net
Fri Mar 5 09:05:20 PST 2004

> Hi there to all,
>
> Thanks to all of you who tried to help.
>
> The tell you the truth... Having no doubts the 'Terminal' is a powerful Mac OS X
> feature, I don't find it easy and/or user-friendly. And as riba (wise)
> mentioned, what I'm looking is a GUI interfaced app/util that runs on Panther to
> do it. Better if it turns to be freeware :)

There is a Konfabulator widget called Connected that may be of help to you.  From the description:

"Connected ?by Michael Lux

This Widget displays the IP and port number of up to ten servers connected to your mac.  You can use it to see who's gained access to your Mac - either in your LAN or via a running server.  If you detect a suspect IP (maybe a troian horse) you can use whois to get further information about the holder of the IP."

Hope this helps,