OT (a bit!) Cube CD:RW and windows data CDs

markj markj at macconnect.com
Tue Mar 9 17:36:23 PST 2004

David Lambourn writes:

> I have received from Data on a CD burned by Roxio on a windows machine.
> My Cube 500 CD:RW (MATSHITA CD-RW CW-7121)  running OS 10.3.2. doesn't
> recognize it.
> I don't object to the ten minutes,  eight screws and a careful
> disconnection and reconnection of the starter switch, but it's not
> something I want to get in to regularly.
>
> Suggestions??  Help??
>
> TIA.
>
> David
I believe this is a problem with windows. Do you have virtual PC? I have
received CD's from windows People and Virtual PC can read it. I think
windows does not properly close a session for the Mac to read it. Have them
write a single session, or finish or close so that no more sessions can be
written to the CD.