Yes, an actual working iDVD/external burner hack

Tom Spielman tomspielman at mac.com
Tue Mar 9 22:12:44 PST 2004

I first saw it mentioned on dealmac and then in the ManNN forums.
Here's the link:

http://tinyurl.com/33ob9

Basically you download two small files and place them at the root of
your home directory, then when you control-click on the burn button in
iDVD you'll see your external burner listed as an option.  I have
verified that at least that much works, but I haven't attempted a burn
yet.  Others on dealmac have said it does work.

Note: Try at your own risk.  These two files could be trojans or
viruses for all I know, but for me it was worth the risk.