Newly installed GeForce 3

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 12 22:56:39 PST 2004

The GF3 is a great card for a Cube except

watch your heat - closely.  I found Menu Meter and Thermal in Dock on
VersionTracker very useful.

In the Cube the wee fan on the GF3 does not have enough room to move
the air efficiently, so high intensity graphics (like WarCraft or other
games) will drive the temp up over a small period of time (48-52° C in
30 minutes from a cold start).  I put a PL Case arround mine and this
lowered the temp by 5-10° C - still no fan with stock 450 CPU.  Now I
barely break 42° C in an hour.  All these temps are from software
reports - not a gauge on my heatsink.

jj