[CUBE] Newly installed GeForce 3

Fred Terry pfterry at netopia.com
Sun Mar 14 23:00:12 PST 2004

Under normal operation, I get readings from 26 - 29 C on the vent over the
core and 42 - 53 C on the grill over the graphic card. This is in my
basement, so ambient temps are around 18 C. After 30 minutes of Halo, I get
33 C on the core and 64 C on the card.

I'm not sure how these temps compare with others. The Radeon doesn't smell
hot, the way the Geforce did and the air from the core vent feels cool most
of the time.

When I installed the Gigadesigns upgrade, I ran the Cube with the case off
for a couple of days until I picked up the thermometer. I took readings on
the card and the core before I put the case on, and those readings were
close to the same for the core with the case on. IIRC, the card readings are
about 10 degrees higher with the case on. I'm thinking about replacing the
fan, and I'm going to take the readings again with the case off.

  pf