[CUBE] Mandatory Restart - OS-X.2.8

Alan Thompson athomp2 at mac.com
Mon Mar 15 07:08:53 PST 2004

That's a kernel panic.  Typically they are associated with hardware
issues, but I've seen them due to OS problems as well (itinerant
programs behaving badly, essentially).

You might want to first check out your log files using the Console
application to try to see what's going on.  Typically, however, the KP
will occur and nothing will be able to write to their respective logs.
But you might see a pattern of error messages that can lead you to the
problem, if it's software related.

Still on the software track, if you can't figure it out, I'd re-install
Jag over your existing installation, but that'd really be grasping.

Otherwise, I'd check out your video card, physically, and RAM, and
re-seat them.

Good luck.

--alan