[CUBE] Processor upgrade versus Video upgrade...

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Wed Mar 17 03:11:22 PST 2004

On Mar 17, 2004, at 2:34 AM, Bill Fox wrote:

> I stand corrected--this is another reason. But in all tests I've seen
> and done, the CPU speed has a disproportionately greater effect on
> graphics speed, especially 2D, running Mac OS X.

My opinion is that Quartz Extreme is overrated and most people
misunderstood it. QE does not accelerate the video, it offloads the
work from CPU to GPU, therefore making CPU work 'faster', so to say.
Of course, tere some other nice things that QE makes possible and
desirable except for the speed itself, like Expose & stuff...