[CUBE] Airport card

Jostein G. Holte josteingholte at mac.com
Wed Mar 17 15:03:42 PST 2004

On 17. mar. 2004, at 18.46, Alex M wrote:

> My airport connection keeps dropping it's connection with my (original,
> graphite) Airport. I'm using 9.2.2 and this also happens with 10.1.5.
>
> Any ideas?

If you are using a cordless phone the phone signal could be interfering
with the AirPort signal.
I have similar problems from time to time (in various OS versions from
9.1 to 10.3.2) and in my investigations I have found that some people
were experiencing interference from cordless handsets.
My problems however seem to be of another nature... its not the phone -
as turning it off does not make a difference. I have swapped the card
with the one in my iMac DV which made no difference in either machine.
The iMac is allways at four bars.
I'll try resetting the basestation (original, graphite) as described by
another poster when/if the problem occurs again. Luckily it has been
good for weeks now so I'm crossing my fingers and pretending it never
happened ;-)