[CUBE] Airport card

macubelist at bridgehead.de macubelist at bridgehead.de
Thu Mar 18 09:29:07 PST 2004

oh yes. i do remember that. it frequently lost the connection and
browsing, downloading or fetching mail was interrupted... god, i hated
it.
it turned out that the channel i had chosen and worked with for more
than a year was disturbed by something. i could have been my neighbours
microwave, a dect/wireless phone (although mine never made problems
before, but what do i know of my neighbours new purchases...), the
wireless tv-transmission (i could see distortion when the mac and the
airport base station talked to each other) or just plain bad luck. i
did try to move the airport, the cube, opened all doors, closed them,
whatever i did didn't help, except for changing the channel. now i'm
using channel 8 or 10, and since then it hasn't happened again.

i read a lot about this while it was bugging me, and it turned out that
the old graphite base stations (the one i own) showed this behaviour
before failing alltogether. there also was a description of what to do
then (it's a burned out capacitor, as far as i remember). here's the
full story: http://www.vonwentzel.net/ABS/Repair/index.html
the http://www.vonwentzel.net/ -site has generally some good info about
the graphite base station for the technically inclined.

good luck.

wolf