[CUBE] Powerlogix Cube Cases

johnderbyshire johnderbyshire at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 18 13:47:26 PST 2004

on 18/3/04 6:01 pm, Todd Masco at cube-list-local at babayaga.org wrote:

> Is anybody out there running a cube with the Powerlogix larger case,
> with a faster CPU and no fan?
>
> I'm trying to figure out whether it's actually safe to do this.  If
> not, there doesn't seem to be much point to installing the larger case
> unless you need to use a larger video card.

Not yet but I'mm gathering the bits needed to replace my Cube stolen just
before Xmas.  So far I've got:

Clear Cube from PowerLogix (eBay price, $129) = extra cooling

Apple OEM Nvidia 2MX with large fanless heatsink (eBay price, don't ask,
$385!) = fanless Quartz

Giga Designs 1.2 upgrade unopened (eBay price, $425) = fanless everything
else

Apple 22" TFT display (eBay price, £585) = replacing 17" TFT

All I need now is a bare bones Cube, without KB, PSU, speakers would do. If
anyone has a such a Cube for about £300 please get in touch.

Once I'm up and running I'll take temperature before and after with original
spec, then with video up grade only, then with processor upgrade only, and
finally with both video and processor.

Berst regards

John