Cheap video cards ... x8 AGP question

john allan jallan at freeuk.com
Thu Mar 18 17:35:12 PST 2004

Hi

I see there is a guy selling low profile PowerColor RADEON 7000 DDR (RV6DL)
PC video cards flashed for Mac and suitable for fitting into the Cube on
Ebay for $ 120.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2793883168

They have been selling for under 20 Dollars on ebay new! ...

Just interested, I wonder who far this compatibility could go because the
manufacturer also sells low-profile 128 and 256 MB video cards. These are x8
compatible AGP, in general are these backwards compatible? For Windows,
which you would need access to in order to flash it, you can set it slower.
Not sure how this would work in Mac but may be worth a gamble.

John