[CUBE] How do I set up Local Network password?

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 20 07:06:30 PST 2004

Is the serving computer running the client or Server version of Mac OS
X 10.2.x?

The simplest way is to add yourself as an admin on each computer you
want to share, then login as your admin on one computer, select the
share in Connect To, then on the dialog box click the Registered button
and enter your admin name and password in the dialog box. Gives access
to everything.

If you are actually setting up Server and want clients with only guest
privileges, you should be able to log into the Server as Guest from any
client with no name or password but you only have access to the Shared
and Public folders.

Caveat--I'm running 10.3.3 Server and Clients and it may be different
in 10.2.x, I don't remember.