[CUBE] CPU Temp: How hot is too hot?...

George Pepper pep27 at mac.com
Sun Mar 21 00:07:48 PST 2004

I have noticed that if you have a lot of items connected to the Cube
core, the convection/cable slot is pretty clogged up... I currently
have Connected to the Cube: FW 1/2, USB 1/2, Ethernet, Modem, and the
monitor and power supply... So what I did tonight was to put four
flanges about the size of quarters and 3/8" thick under each corner of
the case to lift it off of the desk a little... This did wonders for
the computer, allowing freer convection, and lowering resting
temperature by 21F!!! [Down from 111F to 90F]...

I am currently experimenting with various processor/video card load
levels to see how the rest of the performance envelope is...

Pep