[CUBE] Powerlogix Desktop CPU Upgrades in the Cube?

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Sun Mar 21 08:43:15 PST 2004

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, m w wrote:

> Can anyone describe the difference between the desktop
> CPU upgrades and the upgrade modules specifically made
> for the cubes?  I'm looking at the Powerlogix 1.2s for
> 100MHz system-bus desktops at OWC.
>
> I'm curious to know if the desktop upgrades will work
> in the Cube or not.
>
> If it helps, my Cube is already running a Panaflo
> fan...
>
> Thanks!
> Matt

My guess: The heat sink & the warranty.

The desktops have a big-ol heat sink & attached fan.
The cube models have a heat spreader plate designed to mate with the stock
cube heat sink & a fan for the base.

Poweeerlogix guarantees the cube version in the cube, I'm guessing that
putting the tower version in the cube would void the warranty. I don't kow
for sure, ask Powerlogix on that one...