PowerLogix info request

Joel Pelletier joelp at joelp.com
Sun Mar 21 14:06:12 PST 2004

Even though I am forced to sell my Cubes (see my last posting)
because of some of the latest software and hardware requirements
(1000 mHz bus anyone?), I would have perhaps waited another 6 months,
and have enjoyed over a year of much faster performance, if Robert
Jagitsch at PowerLogix was a more honest and ethical person. In
January of 2003 he emailed this list requesting to purchase a few
Cubes for their R&D department, and it is wonderful that their
company has continued to develop Cube upgrade products. I had an
extra system, and in discussions agreed to give PowerLogix my spare
(stock configuration) Cube system IN EXCHANGE for, upon release, a
promised dual-CPU upgrade card. Although it was understood that it
could be a few months before the cards were ready, I was assured
that, with new cooler chips coming out, that it was going to happen.
Cut to this January, after dozens of phone messages and emails (from
me, without replys) asking how much longer I was expected to wait for
the promised barter deal to be completed. I think we actually spoke
two times during 2003, and I have received only one email message
from him in 2004 after requesting (at least) a 1.2 single card and
new clear case for use until the dual was completed: