[CUBE] How do I set up Local Network password? Thanks for the Help.

atoa at krak.net atoa at krak.net
Sun Mar 21 18:04:48 PST 2004

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Snow White wrote:

> Thanks, all you who responded to my original question (except that guy
> with the "rocket science" crap.

Hey, I responded twice. I guess you chose to ignore my first response, or
you would have reposted earlier.

> So, now I understand that I need to create an account to log into on
> the server machine and this is how I get in.  This is very different
> from OS 9 in that in 9 I could set a computer to let another connect
> with a specific pass and access information as set out in the Get Info
> on the files/folders.
>
> The part I was missing was I need to create a new user on the server
> computer for each computer I wish to network to it.  Now I can access

NO! You don't. You still don't get it. You can log into your "server box"
from practically any computer connected to the lan, even if in Baghdad
assuming an internet connection, with the same user/pass. You don't need
to create a separate user/pass for every computer that wants to connect.

> the HD as a registered user and have
some access blocked due to