[CUBE] Cube entertainment centre

Michal the Milkman moo at MichaltheMilkman.com
Sun Mar 28 09:57:33 PST 2004

This topic is too irresistible to not chime in. I think Steve-o must
have had me in mind for his target market as I'm using my Cube or
something else of his every hour I'm awake! I used to have an
office/studio away from my flat and used Mentho's old iPod to move
music back and forth. Now I'm all under one roof, in an old Greyhound
bus of all things, so I'm lounging in excess. I have my Cube running my
business and playing music all day. It's my fax machine, iLife centre,
heck, even the closest thing to a secretary! I have it run through a
fantastic sound system and have the system also run back through the
cube so I can record old records, tapes, video, etc to the cube. I have
Speech read my e-mail over that system and it sounds just like another
person's onboard… with a bad lisp. The 20" panel is great for movies as
well as work.

I also have a 15" flat iMac as a TV / VCR by the bed. Files can pass
from one to the other over Airport and I'm almost ready to jump on
Apple's wireless keyboard as a sort of super-pumped-up remote for the
iMac. It's also hooked into the sound system for that big home-theater
experience. If I had a little patience, I would have waited for the 20"
iMac and been enjoying a little bigger "TV" in the bedroom. (Aw, I've
got a small place… 15" is fine.) Regarding technology, this is an
exciting time to be alive. I'll wrap up with a simple plug for anyone
getting ready to go the entertainment centre route: these are the
speaks I'm using and I'm in love!

http://www.magnepan.com

PS: Quick thanks to everyone who posts to this list. I usually lurk but
have learned a LOT here by reading daily; much gratitude to you all.

Michal the Milkman

(650) 424-1424
(650) 328-2124 fax

… pushing milk around since '87