[CUBE] Not even Windows can do this!

Jennifer Landefeld jennsbl at mac.com
Tue May 11 08:14:38 PDT 2004

On May 11, 2004, at 8:08 AM, Cube List wrote:

> From: Bill Fox <wfoxjr at earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: [CUBE] Not even Windows can do this!
> Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:19:50 -0400
>
> Using a 1 GHz 17" PBG4, it causes the app to quit and the loss of Dock
> magnification until I reboot.
>
> -Bill

> On May 10, 2004, at 16:05, Sajjad Syed wrote:
>
>> I'm on a first-generation nVidia graphics eMac and when I do that, the
>> Apple menu opens.
>
> Interesting...I just found out that I don't even need to leave the
> pointer in the manu bar area. It is enough to open the help menu, move
> the pointer away so that the menu closes, press the right arrow on the
> cursor keypad, and *poof* the app unexpectedly quits :)

Some more data for you:

I'm on a 1 GHz 15" TiBook. When I do this and leave my pointer in the
menu bar "most" apps crash (some do not but I haven't been carefully
tracking which ones). Mail most definitely crashes if I do this. And I
too lose Dock magnification until reboot.

If I do NOT leave it in the menu bar it opens the Apple menu with no
app crashes. Curious.

Btw, what cause did you have to use this particular sequence in the
first place? (just curious).

Cheers,
Jenn