Radeon 7000

Christopher Hack cjhack at onetel.net.uk
Thu May 13 09:16:10 PDT 2004

I know this has all been said and done a thousand times, so apologies first.
I want to upgrade my graphics card, having now got a 22" screen with DVI. I
don't want a fan, but I need a DVI port. I don't need a great graphics card,
just quartz (no games). Looking at the excellent info on cubezone, and
cubeowner, it seems the Radeon 7000 is about the only one for me to provide
quartz extreme with no fan, and DVI. My cube is currently 450mhz, 1.5g ram,
with a 120 maxtor drive, but otherwise standard. Can anyone tell me how
comfortable the heat from the 7000 is in a cube with no fan, and how much
extra pressure I will be putting on the DC-DC board.  I would rather leave
things as is than take risks. Also, looking at ebay there seem to be lots of
variations on the 7000 cards available. I assume they are all the same, and
I just need to flash the card to make it mac-happy. Thanks in advance as
ever. chris