[CUBE] sherlock

Helen Lowe helenjlowe at hotmail.com
Thu May 13 12:50:59 PDT 2004

Thank you Bob

That does the job just fine. You can even specify where to look - I hadn't
spotted the Add button before.

Peace at last!

Helen

On May 11, 2004, at 4:33 AM, Helen Lowe wrote:

> I have recently installed OS X (but not panther). I used to index all
> my Word documents and occasionally use Sherlock to find by content
> text. But the new Sherlock doesn't seem to do this, and I can't work
> it out with the new system.
>
> Anyone out there got the solution?

What I do is with nothing open, click once on the hard drive icon, do a
"get info",
(command + I) then in the box that opens, click on the "Content index,
then
the "index Now" button. Go to bed. Then the "find" function works
fairly well.
Lots of the time, just letting the machine run all night to do it's
cron duties
does the indexing itself.

Peace

Bob