[CUBE] email programs...

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Sat May 15 01:05:17 PDT 2004

> I am running OX 10.2.8 and using, to my everlasting grief, Netscape
> 7.1. I am a power user in that I maintain 60 separate email address
> books - with the largest containing perhaps 200 email addresses. I
> wound up creating separate address books rather than lists because I
> once had a severe crash and wound up with the lists missing and one
> dbase full of an unusable hodgepodge of email recipients without
> identifying organizations, etc. I often send an email doc to several
> thousand destinations. With all this said, Netscape has frequently
> lost major data - the complete contents of some, but not all, my
> address books. While I am careful to back up, I find that I just
> yesterday backed up a major data loss! While I can painstakingly
> reconstruct most of these address books from previously sent email
> docs, if I am going to have to take this much time to reconstruct, I
> would prefer to reconstruct in a more reliable program. I would be
> curious to know what programs you are using if in similar
> circumstances? And how about Eudora now-a-days? I would have gone back
> to Eudora years ago - had they had an import capability from Netscape.
> Yes, I have tried the online conversion people and none can convert
> from Netscrap 7.2 to Eudora. Please let me know your thoughts.

If I understand correctly you problem is basically an adress book
rather than email program itself? Most users (and email programs for
that matter) use the system Address Book. I believe this woud be the
best way to go, since you will have access to this data from many
locations, you would be able to sync it if the need arises etc... I
haven't heard of any stability issues with Address Book, but do a
research first.
You might want to check PowerMail if you are dealing with a large
volume of mails, it is known to work well if you have that needs.
However, it costs $49, uses a proprietary database, so back up often.
Check it here:
http://www.ctmdev.com/powermail5.shtml