[CUBE] I need sound!

Donald E. Schwab deschwab at descom-usa.com
Fri May 21 04:28:50 PDT 2004

Alex --

I agree that M-Audio is the way to go.  I've used a Sonica Theater (street
$90 or so) and Sonica (street $55) to advantage.  The USB Sonica Theater
gives analog L/R out and analog surround, center and subwoofer outs, as
well as a coaxial digital to hook to your surround receiver.  The less
expensive Sonica is a very compact USB unit, smaller than a cigarette
package, which gives analog L/R suitable for most computer speakers, and a
Toslink fiber optic output for the receiver.  I'd say the choice comes down
to which inputs you have available in your surround speaker, if you want to
pump Mac music to it!

Don

At 03:57 AM 5/21/2004, you wrote:
>>I am quite into pro audio so I'm not sure whether I should wait until I can
>>afford a decent firewire multi-track solution, or get a budget USB or
>>firewire interface?
>
>Hello Alex - check the M-Audio stuff at www.midiman.com, they have a range of
>products for both consumer and pro use...I'm sure you will find something
>that suits you at the moment.

>To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
><Cube-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>Need help from a real person? Try.  <Cube-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
>----------
>$14.99 Unlimited Nationwide Mac Dialup and Mac Web Hosting from your Mac
>ISP Serious Mac Internet Solutions From
>NineWire!   http://macinternetaccess.com
>
>T3Hub  |  3 Port USB Hub weighs less than an ounce!
>Dr. Bott|   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/T3Hub.html>

>   Outpost    | http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml
>
>ADC Extension | Extend the built in cable of your flat panel by 10 ft.
>  Dr. Bott    |    <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ADCExtension.html>

Don Schwab
703-403-4079 cell
703-807-3223 office