[CUBE] I need sound!

Jill Greshes jgreshes at mac.com
Fri May 21 10:22:11 PDT 2004

On Friday, May 21, 2004, at 08:45AM, Chris Weiss <chris.weiss at gmail.com> wrote:

>I, too, have had weird problems with the iMic. Noteably after playing
>iTunes for a while, the sound gets corrupted. I'm forced to stop
>iTunes and restart. It sounds like the iMic is rather a POS. I'll have
>to check out this M-Audio stuff.

I've never had a problem with the iMic, and I use it on just about the most slow-ass setup you can imagine, a Rev. B iMac.

Griffin has a higher-end product, a combination USB input/output box with amplifier that they sell for around $80.  Just posted on Apple's deals page is:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AudiophUSB/

which has:
2 pairs of line-level audio inputs (unbalanced 1/4" and RCA)
2 line-level audio outputs (RCA) with level control knob
2-channel S/PDIF digital I/O (coaxial)
AC3 and DTS surround support via digital output*
1x1 MIDI I/O
headphone output (1/4" TRS) with level control knob
AC-powered for high performance A/D and D/A

That's a good bit of functionality for only $199, with free postage.

Jason