PM G4 Cube - Upgrade or not!?

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Thu May 27 01:59:50 PDT 2004

Listers,

I finaly afforded the money to upgrade my PM G4 Cube, but I'm still (a bit) hesitant regarding the upgrade.
Knowing that nowadays PL has the speedest chip in the upgrade market for Cubes (1,35GHz), I've decided that once I am decided, I'll buy one from them. So I would first like to have YOUR feedback... nice people who've upgraded (or not) and is willing to share some wise advice.

Do 1,35GHz upgraded PM G4 Cubes wake up from sleep properly?
As I can't seem to find additional info on this, do we have to press CUDA button before the first start up?
I still have the need of (rarely) booting up in Mac OS 9 so, do the firmware upgrade (provided by PL) works?
Is the fan provided by PL (noise) noticeable, or is it normal/discreet? And is there a way to put the fan working only above certain (risky) temperature(s), or does it have to stay working all the time (while not asleep)?

As always, thanks in advance.

LM