[CUBE] PM G4 Cube - Upgrade or not!?

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Fri May 28 02:02:42 PDT 2004

Allan,

Thanks a lot for posting.

Is your GeForce2 MX an upgrade item too? Is it the GPU with a big or small heatsink? Is it (also) fanless?

LM

>>> allan at hise.org - 2004/05/28 09:46 AM >>>

On Fri, 28 May 2004, Luis Meleiro wrote:

It is always on.

I may have a bad board or am stressing the cube with the PL 1.4, 120GB
Seagate 7200 drive and a GeForce IIMX, because sometimes the cube
unexpectadly locks up. It may be a SW issue, however, I don't really know.
Usually if it locks, it locks during heavy operations (often while using
Nikon Capture, which I originally thought was the cuplrit), but sometimes
it has locked up while completely idle.

Before I blame the upgrade card, however, I plan on reinstalling panther
to be sure I don't have an OS issue, and maybe even puttging the Rage128
back in.

Allan